Monday 29 September 2014

Travelling On Postcards...

Khichik!!! Here I’m in Italy Mamma mia. Khichik!!! Here I’m in Japan, Hajimemashite!!! 
Khichik!!! Here I’m in Egypt,  Al Habibti !!! Khichik!!! Here I’m in Spain Gracias!!!

Well my evaluator will suggest me that my dear speaker you could have represented different countries by standing at different spots or places on stage. But, in this case it is not like that.

Yes, I’ve travelled 17 and more countries, ---but by sitting at my home. Khichik!!! Here I’m in my home. Do you want to know “How did I do that?” How have I travelled to these many places and met different people?? Well, It’s on postcards.

About one and half year ago my friend Sanket showed me the postcards that he is receiving from all around the world. I wondered, how is he getting them? and found out that he is signed up with Postcrossing.com  Immediately, I also signed up on Postcrossing and got instantly addicted, since I love stamps and receiving mails, REAL MAILS! 

***My Postcards***
At first sight it was all Greek to me, but soon I started getting familiar with the process. The process is very simple: you send a postcard to a random person in the world, and once they receive it and “register” it on the website, someone else receives your address and then you get a postcard!

In Postcrossing, you’ll receive postcards from 5-6 yrs to 70-80 yrs old postcrossers students, artists engineers, veterans and all. Postcrossing is not just a hobby to say but experience for lifetime.

Before moving ahead I’d like to ask one question, which is the music show that gets aired on every Sunday Morning at 8’clock on DD National channel? Yes, Rangoli. In that show, every time the host the Dreamgirl Hema Malini used to read letters from random people in “Aap Ki Farmaish” that is “your wish“ session. The funniest part of this session is the names of people from whom suggestion received:- Raju, Bhola, Bindi, Champa, Chameli, Munna, Munni, Jiju and all. Same kind of experience you’ll receive while reading the postcards. Though I'm not Hema Malini, :P I am going to read my first postcard that I’ve received,
This postcard is from Taiwan...


Just imagine, How will you feel? when you receive these kind of writings in every postcard.

So What are the Benefits of Postcrossing?
You’ll get to know about 
- culture and people, 
- lifestyle of different countries
- beautiful stamps
- Hand writings. 
- What other people think of India?

Writing a postcard with limitation on number of words will improve your writing skills and thinking to convey your message just in short paragraph. You’ll receive some awesome pictures of animals, city views, cartoons and sportspersons and many more. The pictures which are worth 1000 words. 
***Pictures Are Worth 1000 Words***

If you’re learning any foreign language you can make Pen Pals or Pen Friends of that country. After hectic day when you read and look at pictures of postcards that you’ve received, it will make you happy for sure. And it will also increase your oveseas network. 

Well before getting to the point, I’d like to ask How many of you have recently received any Email?--- almost all--- And Postcards or Letter?? ---Very Few Do you want to see your letter box happy? Then join Postcrossing. I bet, your letter box and you will be happy in receiving Postcards, instead of only Light bills or Phone bills or Brown-grey-white parcels.
10 yrs ago I was happy when I received Emails and feeling sad about receiving too many letters. But today I become sad, seeing alot of unnecessary Emails and happy when I see postcard in my Postbox.

I encourage you all to travel on postcards and send smiles over the miles. Keep your letter box happy.

Thank you & Happy Postcrossing!

1 comment: